We lead the environmental movement by example
Dr. Forrest Shaklee founded our company on the principle of Living in Harmony with Nature®. That was over half a century ago, and we continue to lead by example. Through the sale of Shaklee Get Clean® Basic H2® in the last year alone, Shaklee has eliminated 2.7 billion bottles of conventional 26-ounce window cleaner—if placed end-to-end, these bottles would wrap around the earth more than 18 times!
From explorer Jacques Cousteau, to 2004 Nobel Peace Prize winner Dr. Wangari Maathai, Shaklee continues to join forces with people who care about the planet enough to create movements of change. In the last year alone, we have recycled over 1,000,000 pounds of cardboard, eliminated over 10,200,000 pounds of packaging waste, and eliminated over 23,000,000 pounds of greenhouse gases. That’s how committed we are to making truly sustainable natural products that respect the earth.
We Lead the Environmental Movement by Example
- Shaklee becomes the first company in the world to be Climate Neutral™ certified to totally offset its greenhouse gas emissions, resulting in a net zero impact on the environment.
- Shaklee has planted nearly 800,000 trees for its Million Trees. Million Dreams.™ campaign in partnership with The Green Belt Movement, founded by 2004 Nobel Peace Laureate Dr. Wangari Maathai.
- In the last year alone, Shaklee has:
- Recycled over 1,000,000 pounds of cardboard
- Eliminated 10,200,000 pounds of packaging waste
- Eliminated 23,000,000 pounds of greenhouse gases
- Shaklee is the recipient of many prestigious environmental awards:
- 2008: The Stevie Award for Best Corporate Environmental Responsibility Program
- 2007: Global Green USA’s Organizational Design Award
- 2003: National Environmental Excellence Award from National Association of Environmental Professionals
- 2002: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Climate Protection Award
- 2001: Governor's Environmental and Economic Leadership Awards–Certificate of Recognition—from the California Environmental Protection Agency